BREAKING NEWS

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Jollibee's bad business practice



It was the dinner rush of Wednesday, October 21, 6:24PM. We went to Ever Gotesco mall in Commonwealth Avenue to have dinner. Now this place was no joke, the place was packed and filled with people who love to shop. Left and right you see people buying shoes, bags, trinkets, etc. 

After awhile of walking  and window shopping, my GF and I got hungry. We paraded around the lower ground floor to look for a place to eat, Pizza Hut was filled, Chowking was overrun and Shakey's orders will take awhile to serve. So we decided to eat at a place with less pandemonium, Jollibee.

Lines were short and every customer seems like that they're getting their orders quickly. It's exactly what we needed when drastic hunger strikes. Nothing beats comfort food like a Jollibee fast food. 

So the person in front of me takes her order, the cashier smile and serves her food. When it was my turn, I ordered a spaghetti value meal combo with regular yum and regular coke for Php79 and "C3" which is, a fried chicken combo with spaghetti and regular coke for Php114. 

The cashier then responded that they RAN out of coke or any other soda. It was apparent that the soda supply was depleted, after all it was the end of the day. The cashier suggested that they only have ice and pineapple juice available. At first this was, OK, but later realizing that I was down in this road before. I bought a something for Php79 then was charged Php97. The cashier did not inform me of the additional Php18 for the upgrade of the drinks. 

So I told the cashier that I didn't want to upgrade my drink, she looked at the manager and she gave me this nuisance look. She stared at and gave a look like I was some idiot who doesn't know what he wants. I'm sorry lady, but I do know what I want, and that is a regular comfy meal with a regular drink. 

Then after some soft whispering with her manager, she then told me that I can have a "regular size" ice-t instead of the full size drink with NO extra charge. That's all I wanted, no extra hidden charges. Upgrading should be the discretion of the consumer, you don't talk them into buying things. upgrading your drinks should be mere SUGGESTIONS not MANDATORY. 

So I paid Php193 for the total bill, sat down and started appease my hunger. As I looked around, I noticed everyone had large ice teas and pineapple juice.

Here's my take, if a Jollibee branch has no more soda to serve:

1. It would be best to serve the customer equivalent valued drink without the upgrade charges. ie: regular glass ice-T

2. Do not tell the customer or insist that a drink "upgrade" is the only solution to serve drinks to your customers, that is a lie. 

3. Inform the customer of the Php18 charge in replacement of the depleted soda drink.

4. Please inform the customer that if they do not want to pay the Php18, they can get a regular size ice-t without any other charges. 

In my opinion, I think its bad business practice when a globally recognized corporation dupes you by saying you have no choice but to pay the Php18 upgrade because we ran out of SODA, but hey that's how sales work!





Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Back To Top
Copyright © 2014 The Filipino Spectator. Designed by OddThemes | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates
DMCA.com Protection Status Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.